Strawberries and cheesecake are the perfect romantic combination, but we can’t always indulge in a full piece of creamy cake topped with sweet fruit. Luckily, there’s a perfect solution that actually feels fancier and more special: cheesecake-stuffed strawberries! These delectable bite-sized treats are filled with a simple and easy no-bake cheesecake filling, giving you just the right amount of sweetness to feel like you’re treating yourself without overindulging. Watch how easy they are to make, then whip up a batch for Valentine’s Day— or any day!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Makes 16 to 20 strawberries Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 20 minutes
- 1 pound fresh, ripe strawberries, rinsed and patted dry
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- ¾ cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
- Optional toppings: graham cracker crumbs, shaved chocolate, finely-chopped nuts
- Working with a paring knife, remove the stems from the strawberries. Use the point of the knife to cut around the inside of the strawberry to create room for the filling.
- Cut a small part off the tips of the strawberries to create a flat surface for them to stand upright. Place the strawberries on a sheet pan.
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, beat the cream cheese, sugar and vanilla on medium speed for 2 minutes, until fluffy.
- Place the cream cheese mixture in a pastry bag and pipe into each strawberry, adding a little extra to the top.
- Sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs, shaved chocolate or finely chopped nuts, if desired.
- Refrigerate until chilled.
So sweet and clever! Have you ever seen anything like these stuffed strawberries before? Will you give them a try?
Recipe slightly adapted from The Comfort of Cooking