She Pours Batter Into . . . An Apple?? When You See the Result, You’ll Be Amazed!
What is it about foods baked inside other foods that makes them so special? Some might argue that it’s the novelty, but maybe there’s a special magic going on where one dessert plus another dessert equals an infinitely more tasty treat! Whatever the case, we’re always excited when we find one, and we were extra excited to see this one from Tasty Food that’s just perfect for fall. Watch to find out just what, exactly, she’s baking in the apple, then read on for the recipe.
Cheesecake Baked Apple
– 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
– 1/4 cup sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1 egg
– 1 Honeycrisp apple (or your favorite baking apple)
Maple Pecan Sauce
– 1 cup whipping cream
– 3/4 cup maple syrup
– Crushed pecans
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Mix together the cream cheese, sugar, cinnamon, vanilla extract and egg.
- Using a melon baller, hollow out the apple.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the apple until it’s 2/3 full.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes.
- To make the maple pecan sauce, boil the whipping cream and maple syrup until thick. Add the pecans right before serving, and enjoy!
Yum! We’ve heard of – and tried! – cheesecake flavored like baked apples, but we’ve never had cheesecake in a baked apple before! Have you? What do you think of this recipe?