What a Wonderful Alternative to Meatballs!
Finger food gets old if it’s the same boring thing over and over. Mozzarella sticks and potato skins are all well and good, but if you’re looking for a new funky, fried finger food, you’re going to want to watch the video below. These cheeseburger-stuffed tater tots are different and just as delicious as your go-to appetizers! Prepare to spice up your pre-dinner routine.
- 2 cups tater tots
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 tbsp chopped basil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1/2 tbsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tbsp paprika
- 1 Cheddar cheese block
1. Mix tater tots, egg, flour, basil, & 1 tsp salt until mixture is uniform. Add more flour if too sticky, or a little water if too dry.
2. Combine beef, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and paprika until thoroughly mixed.
3. Cut cheddar cheese into 1/2 inch cubes
4. Take about 1 tbsp of the beef mixture and wrap it around the cube until completely covered.
5. Take about 2 tbsp of the tater tot mixture and wrap it around the beef until completely covered.
6. Roll into a cylindrical shape, and fry the tots in hot oil for about 1 minute per side, until golden brown.
7. Serve with ketchup or your favorite dipping sauce!
What do you think of this new finger food? Do you have any appetizers you love to make? Share your ideas in the comments section below.