I love tortillas! I could eat them every night. That’s why I went looking for a healthier alternative. These Cauliflower Tortillas with lime and cilantro did the trick. They are not as pliable as traditional tortillas but they are good enough for my purposes and taste great. Combined with white meat and pico you’re in for a seriously satisfying savory dish that is skinny on calories. Check out the quick video below to see how they come together:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
3/4 head cauliflower
2 large eggs
1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
juice from 1/2 lime (about 2 Tbsp)
1/2 tsp kosher salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375F and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Cut the cauliflower into same-sized pieces and pulse in a food processor until it is finely ground, about the same size as a grain of couscous. This should make about 2 cups of riced cauliflower.
3. Put the cauliflower in a microwave-safe bowl, cover with plastic wrap and microwave for 2 minutes, then stir and microwave again for another 2 minutes. Let cool until you can handle the cauliflower without burning yourself. Squeeze out as much liquid as possible from the cauliflower using a cheesecloth or kitchen towel.
4. In a medium bowl, mix the cauliflower, eggs, cilantro, lime, salt and pepper. Mix until well combined. Use your hands to shape 6 small tortilla-sized circles on the parchment paper.
5. Bake for 10 minutes, carefully flip each tortilla, and return to the oven for an additional 5 to 7 minutes, or until completely set.
Recipe video inspiration from Recipe Girl.