Cauliflower Biscuit Bites
It’s no secret that we’re absolutely obsessed with cauliflower. And why shouldn’t we be, when it’s such a great way to add a little veggie power to our otherwise-indulgent favorites? Today’s cauliflower twist: cheddar biscuits! These Cauliflower Biscuit Bites take everything we love about the cheesy bread and make it just a little bit healthier – and wheat-free! – without losing any of the taste. Watch how easily they come together.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
CAULIFLOWER BISCUIT BITES
Makes 24 cauliflower biscuits
– 1 cauliflower head, cut into florets (or about 16 ounces florets)
– 2 small garlic cloves, minced
– ⅓ cup Greek yogurt
– ½ cup shredded cheddar cheese, plus more for the top
– 2 whole eggs
– ½ teaspoon kosher salt
– ½ teaspoon black pepper
– 2 egg whites
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Prep a 24-cup mini muffin tin.
- Steam the cauliflower florets until tender. Let cool.
- Grind the steamed and cooled florets in the bowl of a food processor, then scrape into a medium bowl.
- Stir in the yogurt, cheddar, whole eggs, salt and pepper.
- Pour the egg whites into a separate medium mixing bowl. Whip with a hand mixer until firm peaks form.
- Fold the whipped egg whites into the cauliflower mixture.
- Scoop the mixture into the 24-cup mini muffin tin. If desired, top with the extra shredded cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until golden brown.
Mmm, these look so delicious. What a great alternative to traditional cheddar biscuits! Have you ever tried making biscuits or other breads with cauliflower before?