How to Make a Carrot Cake Cheesecake!
If you love the nutty flavor of carrot cake (and the decadent cream cheese frosting that comes with) you are going to flip for this dessert mashup: carrot cake cheesecake. You may not have ever considered that these two cakes have a future together, but we promise that they do. Carrot cake was meant to be combined with the thick, creaminess of cheesecake from the start, even though none of us saw it coming – it’s like the most delicious romantic comedy you’ve ever heard of. Watch the video below to see how you can make this carrot collaboration.
If you think about it, you’re kind of getting two desserts for the price of one, here. You’ve got your warm, spicy carrot cake, topped off with a FULL cheesecake, drizzled in homemade icing, and topped off with crumbled pecans.
There’s a lot going on there.
Granted, this recipe isn’t a breeze. It will take time to make each separate section and allow each portion of the cake to bake. But, honestly, for the indulgent end result? This process is not that difficult at all. It’s essentially mixing together each layer and baking – personally, we think those two easy steps are worth these layers of carrot and cheesecake goodness.
What do you think of this doubled up dessert? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
Carrot Cake Cheesecake
- In a bowl, combine all you dry ingredients. Stir to combine.
- In a separate bowl, add your wet ingredients. Whisk them together to combine.
- Add carrots to the wet mixture. Combine the wet mixture and the dry, and stir to combine.
- Spread this out into a round baking dish. Bake at 350 degree Fahrenheit for 20-25 minutes .
- In a mixing bowl, combine your cheesecake ingredients and mix with the mixer.
- Pour your cheesecake mix over your carrot cake, wrap the baking dish in tin foil, and put it in the oven. Bake at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for one hour.
- In a small bowl, combine your ingredients for the icing. Whisk to combine.
- Take the cake out of the oven and drizzle with your icing. Top off with pecans and enjoy!