How to Make Your Own Candy Christmas Ornaments
This is a fun project to try with your kids or grandkids. I love making these edible Christmas ornaments for my friends. Many don’t believe you can simply put peppermints in cookie cutters and come out with such beautiful looking ornaments that you can hang on your Christmas tree. Don’t believe me, check out this quick video:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Candy Christmas Ornaments
- Candies (we’ve used peppermint, butterscotch, and Werther’s Originals)
- Metal Cookie Cutters
- Non-stick cooking spray
- Parchment Paper or Silplat
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper or silplat.
- Place Metal cookie cutters on tray at least an inch apart.
- Spray inside of cookie cutters.
- Place your favorite candies inside the ornaments spacing them as evenly as you can. We’ve used green and red peppermint starbursts, butterscotch, and Werther’s Original.
- Bake for 6-10 minutes at 350 degrees. Keep a close eye on your candies and remove them from the oven when they’ve melted together. Different candies melt at different rates so if you’re doing a bigger batch you might group the butterscotch together and the peppermint candies together.
- After removing them from the oven give them a minute or two to cool. While still in the cookie cutters poke a hole with a toothpick where you would like to thread them with twine or string for hanging.
- Let them cool for an additional 5-7 minutes and when you feel they are hard gently pop them out of the molds.
You may have one or two of them not turn out ready for your Christmas Tree but hey they’re candy and you can still enjoy them.