When hearing the word “slider,” most people think of tiny hamburgers. While that is the most popular kind of slider, did you know the term actually means any kind of bite-sized sandwich served on a slider bun? It opens up a whole world of slider possibilities, and our ideas? They immediately turned to breakfast. A breakfast sausage sandwich was just asking to be turned into a slider, after all, and it turned out to be so easy. Watch how we did it and learn how you can make them, too.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
– Slider buns
– Breakfast sausage patties
– 2 eggs, scrambled with 1 tablespoon milk
– American cheese
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 Celsius).
- In a 6-cup jumbo muffin tin, arrange 2 slider buns and 2 sausage patties, 1 per cup. Spray the remaining 2 cups with non-stick spray and divide the scrambled eggs between the two cups.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then remove the buns from the muffin tin. Flip the eggs and sausage patties.
- Bake the sausage and eggs another 6 to 8 minutes, until the eggs are set and the sausage is cooked-through.
- Stack the sausage and eggs in the oven-toasted slider buns, topping the eggs with the American cheese.
- If you have multiple jumbo muffin tins, you can – of course! – make as many sandwiches as you need.
- In step 3, we sprayed the scrambled egg tops with non-stick spray before flipping because they have a tendency to stick to the tin on the second side.
Recipe inspired by The Mommy Files