Blueberry Mini Donuts
When your family gets that craving for donuts, don’t run out to a fast food joint, the local bakery or even the grocery store. Instead, try making them yourself! All you need is a donut pan and this easy recipe for Blueberry Mini Donuts. Not only do the smaller size help you with portion control, these little pastries are baked, not fried, and made with REAL blueberries, not flavoring or food coloring, for a sweet treat you can feel good about enjoying. Watch how easy they are to make, and start planning your next family brunch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BLUEBERRY MINI DONUTS
Makes 24 mini donuts
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– ½ teaspoon baking soda
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– ½ cup full-fat sour cream or yogurt
– ⅓ cup granulated sugar
– ¼ cup vegetable oil
– 1 egg, lightly beaten
– ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
– ½ cup fresh blueberries
– 1 cup powdered (confectioners’) sugar
– ¼ cup fresh blueberries
– Zest of ½ lemon
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit (190 degrees Celsius). Spray a 24 cup mini-donut pan with non-stick spray and set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the sour cream, sugar, vegetable oil, egg and vanilla extract until incorporated.
- Spoon the batter into a piping bag. Cut off about ½ inch of the end of the piping bag. Pipe the batter into rings in the mini-donut pan, filling each cup ⅔ of the way. The batter will rise a lot during baking, and you don’t want it to cover the hole!
- Lightly press a few blueberries into each donut.
- Bake 12 to 15 minutes, until golden brown. Let cool for 15 minutes before removing the donuts from the pan.
- To make the glaze, puree the ¼ cup of berries, lemon zest, lemon juice and powdered sugar in a blender or food processor. It should be thick and purple-blue, with specks of blueberry throughout.
- Dip one side of each donut into the glaze. Let the donuts sit on a cooling tray until the glaze has set.
Delightful and delicious! Have you ever made donuts at home before? What other flavors would you like to see us try?