BLT Stuffed Avocados
If you’re a fan of the BLT here’s a way to turn it into a fun appetizer. Check out the quick video below to see how easy this is to bring together:
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
4 strips thick-cut Bacon
1 cup small Fresh Bread Cubes (from a sourdough loaf, or other crusty bread)
1 cup finely Chopped Tomatoes
1 cup finely Chopped Romaine Lettuce
2 Tablespoons Mayonnaise
1/2 tsp kosher salt
pinch ground pepper
4 Large Ripe Avocados
1. Cook the bacon in a frying pan over medium heat until brown and crispy, about 5 minutes. Remove from the pan and drain on a paper-towel lined plate. When cool, tear or chop the bacon into small pieces.
2. Add the bread cubes to the frying pan and cook in the bacon fat until golden brown all over (I drained off half the fat first so the bread wouldn’t be completely grease-laden).
3. Remove with a slotted spoon and drain on a paper-towel lined plate.
4. In a medium-sized mixing bowl, mix together the tomatoes, lettuce and mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add in the chopped bacon and bread cubes. Taste and add a little extra pepper and salt if needed.
5. Cut each avocado in half lengthwise and remove the pit.
6. Spoon the bacon stuffing into each avocado half.
Makes 8 servings as an appetizer or side dish
Make sure you cut all the ingredients into pretty small pieces so you can fit a large scoop of the filling into the avocado halves. I’m a huge fan of avocado on my BLTs (BALTs?), is a fun way to turn a BLT into an appetizer.
Inspiration for this recipe video comes from The Pioneer Woman.