Bite Into the Best of Both Worlds with Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies
If you want an easy-to-grab dessert you can eat with your hands, most of the time you have to make a tough choice: decadent fudgy brownies, or delicious chewy cookies. While a lot of people have their definitive favorite, a lot of us love both and can’t decide! It’s a tough call— but what if we didn’t have to make it? Recipe Girl shows us how to combine the two into Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough Brownies for a doubly delicious treat.
– 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter
– 1 1/2 cups bittersweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup granulated white sugar
– 1/2 cup packed light brown sugar
– 4 large eggs
– 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
– 1/2 teaspoon salt
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature or almost melted
– 3/4 cup granulated white sugar
– 3/4 cup packed light brown sugar
– 1/4 teaspoon salt
– 2 tablespoons milk or cream
– 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract or vanilla bean paste
– 1 cup all-purpose flour
– 1 cup miniature chocolate chips
– Additional miniature chocolate chips to garnish the top
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Spray a 9×9-inch baking pan with nonstick spray and line with a strip of parchment paper. Make sure the paper covers the bottom and comes up two sides of the pan. Spray the parchment with nonstick spray.
- Melt the chocolate and butter together. You can use a double boiler or microwave the two in a microwave-safe bowl for 30-second bursts. The finished mixture should be melted and smooth.
- Whisk in the white and light brown sugars.
- Whisk in the eggs, vanilla and salt.
- Sift the flour into the bowl and stir until incorporated.
- Scrape the brownie batter into the prepared pan.
- Bake for 25 to 30 minutes, until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Place the pan of brownies in the refrigerator to cool.
- In a large bowl, use an electric mixer to combine the butter, white sugar, light brown sugar and salt until soft and creamy, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Mix in the milk and vanilla.
- Sprinkle in the flour and mix in until combined.
- Stir in the 1 cup of chocolate chips.
- Refrigerator the dough until it is chilled, slightly firm and easy to work with.
- Take the brownies out of the fridge. They should be chilled and firm.
- Scoop the cookie dough onto the top of the brownies and spread onto the brownie layer.
- Wet your hands or spray them with nonstick spray. Pat the cookie dough into an even layer.
- Sprinkle the additional chocolate chips on top as desired.
- Wrap the brownies with plastic wrap and chill for 1 to 2 hours, until firm. You may chill them for up to 2 days.
These brownies truly are the best of both worlds! What are some of your favorite desserts to combine? Are you Team Brownie, Team Cookie or Team Both?