Summer is here, and for most families that means barbecuing and enjoying outdoor gatherings. Our mouths are watering just thinking about coleslaw, potato salad, corn-on-the-cob and shredded meats. Our brains, meanwhile, are stunned to discover that the best barbecue chicken might come not from a barbecue pit, but from a slow cooker. Don’t believe us? Hold that thought and check out this recipe.
– 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts
– 1 cup BBQ sauce
– 1/4 cup Zesty Italian dressing (we used fat-free)
– 1/4 cup brown sugar
– 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
– Salt to taste
- Season each chicken breast lightly, with a small pinch of sea salt per breast.
- Place the chicken in the crockpot.
- In a mixing bowl, combine the BBQ sauce, Italian dressing, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce. Stir until well combined.
- Pour the sauce over the chicken.
- Cover and cook on high for 3 to 4 hours.
- The chicken is ready to eat whole at this point.
If you’d like to shred it, do so with two forks, then let it cook in the sauce for about 10 to 15 minutes more to soak up the flavor.TipHero
Serve on buns, over rice, in wraps, on a salad or as is! No matter what way you have it, it’ll be a delicious crowd-pleaser. So what do you think? Does this recipe meet your summer standards?