Best Ever BBQ Bacon and Cheese Meatballs
When you’re looking for foods to round out your barbecuing repertoire this summer, why not put a cheesy spin on meatballs at the same time? These bacon-wrapped meatballs are oozing with mozzarella and sure to be a hit at your next summer celebration. Pitmaster X shows us how to make them with this easy video recipe.
– 1 pound minced meat
– 1 egg
– Crumbled rusk (crumbled twice-baked and/or dry bread)
– 20 mozzarella salad balls
– 20 slices of bacon
– 2 tablespoons BBQ dry rub (Pitmaster X recommends Don Marc’s Pig Wings)
– BBQ Sauce
- Mix the, egg. minced meat, crumbled rusk and dry rub together until you get a smooth consistency.
- Take a bit of the minced meat and flatten it in your hand.
- Place a mozzarella ball in the middle of the meat and form it into a ball, rolling until the surface is smooth.
- Roll the meatball in a slice of bacon.
- Smoke the meatballs in the barbecue (or, if you need, in the oven) at 350 degrees Fahrenheit for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Brush the meatballs with BBQ sauce and let them sit on the barbecue for another 5 minutes.
Check out that cheese just oozing out onto the plate! Are these making you hungry, too? Will you give this recipe a try?