How to Make the Best Carrot Cake You’ve Ever Tasted
We can all agree that carrot cake is a baking staple, especially for springtime! Moist carrot cake is the ultimate Easter dessert and a must-have for your holiday spread! But why have regular carrot cake when you could have the BEST CARROT CAKE EVER, courtesy of Gemma Stafford from Bigger, Bolder Baking! Opt for the best carrot cake you’ve ever tasted over that silly boxed nonsense and bake a cake to be proud of this Easter! Watch the video below and see how it’s done.
How could we forget about the cream cheese frosting? This frosting is known for gracing the tops of carrot cakes everywhere and is infamously undeniable. So, naturally, you have to make the best cream cheese frosting ever to go with your best carrot cake ever!
The key to getting that out-of-this-world frosting that carrot cake needs is making sure you use room temperature butter and cream cheese. At room temperature, they whip up so much better and leave you with the fluffiest, creamiest frosting imaginable!
BEST CARROT CAKE EVER
2 Cups(400g/14oz) caster sugar
2 Cups (400ml/14oz) sunflower oil
1 tsp vanilla essence
2 ¾ Cups (400g/14oz) flour
3 tsp baking powder
1 tsp mixed spice
400g/14oz carrots (finely grated)
Cream Cheese Frosting:
2½ cups (1 lb 4 oz/574g) powdered sugar, sifted lightly to remove any lumps
1 lb (16oz/454g) packages cream cheese, at room temperature
½ cup (4oz/120g )unsalted butter, at room temperature
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2. Then add in flour and cinnamon and mix gently
3. Lastly, add in the grated carrots and raisins and mix in until well combined.
4. Grease and line a 9” tin. You can also use this recipe to make 2 x 900g/2lb loat tins
5. Pour mixture into tins and place in the oven at 340oF (170oC) for 70- 80 minutes (or until a skewer comes out clean).
6. Leave to cool in tins for 10mins then turn onto a cooling rack.
7. To prepare the frosting: In a large bowl, using an electric mixer on medium-high speed cream cheese and butter until smooth. Then slowly add in the powdered sugar and vanilla until it is smooth and creamy (do not overbeat). Chill until needed.
8. Decorate as desired, maybe with some little frosted carrots!