Beer & Mustard Sausage Skewers
There’s no summertime tradition we love more than throwing food on the grill and cracking open a cold beer. So a dish that combines the two tastes was obviously going to be right up our ally. That dish? Beer and Mustard Sausage Skewers! The beer-and-mustard glaze is so easy to make, and you can use your favorite lager and grainy mustard to make it. The vegetables sharing the skewers with your meat can also be anything you want them to be, and you can make these skewers under your broiler if it’s raining too hard to grill. Does it get more adaptable than that? Check it out!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BEER AND MUSTARD SAUSAGE SKEWERS
You’ll Need – 1 pound sausage – Mushrooms – Onions – Peppers – Cherry tomatoes – Zucchini – 8 bamboo skewers – Salt and pepper, to taste – ⅓ cup lager or other light beer – ¼ cup stone-ground mustard
- Soak the bamboo skewers in cold water for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the grill or broiler.
- Thread the sausage and vegetables onto the skewers in an alternating pattern.
- In a small saucepan over medium heat, begin making the glaze by combining the beer and mustard. Bring to a boil and simmer for several minutes until it is slightly thickened.
- Brush half of the glaze evenly over the meat and vegetables. Reserve the other half of the glaze for brushing after the meat is cooked.
- Cook on the second highest rack in the oven under the broiler for 15 to 20 minutes, turning halfway, or place the skewers on the grill. Grill or broil until the sausage is cooked-through and browned, and the vegetables have softened and are slightly charred on the edges.
- Brush the skewers with the reserved glaze before serving.
- Soaking the skewers will prevent them from catching fire on the grill or under the broiler.
- You can also use bratwurst for this recipe, or any sausages you prefer. We used hot Italian sausage.
- Any assorted vegetables will work, as well. Use your favorites!