Beer-Braised Beef – an Easy One-Pot Meal Your Family Will Love!
Nothing is better than the simplicity of a one-pot meal. Correction – nothing is better than a super delicious one-pot meal! And this beer-braised beef is just that. This recipe is bursting with flavor and unbelievably tender! Not only that, but it is incredibly simple to make (did we mentioned it only requires one pot?) which makes it the perfect weeknight meal. Your family is going to love it. Watch the video below to see how to make this simple braised beef.
Why beer, you ask? Well, brown beer gives the beef a rich, caramelized flavor that is difficult to get with any other flavorings. One more reason to love beer!
When the beef comes out of the oven, make sure to let it rest for a little while – this will be when all the juices and flavors are being absorbed back into the brisket. And once the beef is ready to serve, make sure to cut it AGAINST the grain. Cutting brisket with the grain tends to make it tough, and we want ours extremely tender and moist!
– Salt and pepper
– 3 tbsp. olive oil
– 4 sprigs of thyme
– 2 sprigs of rosemary
– Bay leaf
– 2 tbsp. tomato paste
– 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
– 2 bottles of brown beer
– 3 cups chicken stock
2. Sear meat in olive oil for 3-4 minutes on each side. Then remove from the pot.
3. Chop veggies and add them to the pot, scraping the bottom to combine and flavor the vegetables.
4. Add herbs, tomato paste, vinegar, beer and chicken stock to pot.
5. Place meat back in pot. Put the lid on and put the pot in a pre-heated 325 degree F. oven for 3 1/2 hours.
6. Rest the meat before eating.