He Wraps Shrimp With Bacon, Then Skewers It to Make a Masterpiece of a Recipe!
Fall may technically start on Wednesday, but that doesn’t mean you have to stop barbecuing just yet. Make the most of this gorgeous transitional weather and have a last outdoor cooking hurrah with this recipe from Pitmaster X. There’s bacon, there’s shrimp, there’s delicious sauce— it has everything you need. Watch how it’s made.
– Giant shrimp
– Thin cut bacon
– 1/2 cup water
– 1 cup ketchup
– 1 tablespoon Frank’s Red Hot sauce
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1 tablespoon lemon juice
– 1/2 teaspoon ginger
– 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
– 1 tablespoon coarse salt
– 3 tablespoons brown cane sugar
- Begin the sauce by mixing the water, ketchup, Frank’s Red Hot sauce, sesame oil, lemon juice, ginger, garlic powder, coarse salt and brown cane sugar together in a grill-safe dish.
- Heat the sauce on the grill and let it simmer for 15 minutes.
- Allow the sauce to cool down.
- Skewer the shrimps.
- Wrap each shrimp in bacon.
- Grill the shrimp until the bacon turns crisp.
- Brush the barbecue sauce on both sides of the bacon-wrapped shrimp.
- Let the sauce caramelize, then brush on a second coating. Allow this layer to heat up, but don’t let it caramelize again.
Delish! Have you ever made anything like these shrimps before? Are there any ways you’d like to change the recipe?