Baked Sweet Potato Fries with Coconut and Cinnamon
Looking for a snack that satisfies the craving for something warm, sweet and decadent? Then you should try these totally healthy fries! They’re baked, so they’re not actually fried like normal fries. And the cinnamon and coconut give then a delicious sweetness without the sugar. Mind Body Green shares their simple recipe with us:
Here’s what you need:
-4 medium sweet potatoes, scrubbed
-2 Tbsp coconut oil, melted
-1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
-1/4 tsp salt
Here’s what you do:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Cut ends off of your sweet potatoes and peel (if they aren’t organic).
- Slice potatoes lengthwise and then into 1/4″ thick strips.
- Toss fries with cinnamon, salt and coconut oil in a large bowl. Make sure you coat all pieces evenly.
- Spread out into one layer on a baking sheet and bake for 40-45 minutes, flipping halfway through.