What’s better than spaghetti with garlic bread? Spaghetti IN garlic bread! Daydream Kitchen has an out-of-the-ordinary recipe that’s bound to knock your socks off.
Here’s what you need:
-1 loaf of thawed dough -6 oz cooked spaghetti -1 cup of any sauce for the spaghetti (either tomato basil sauce or bolognaise) – must be thick -8 oz of mozzarella cubes -parmesan cheese -1 egg white, beaten -parsley or oregano flakes -garlic
And here’s what you do to create this garlic bread from heaven:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Prepare some flour on a counter or use a baking sheet to roll the dough out.
- Roll out your loaf into a large triangle (less than an inch of thickness).
- Cover dough with plastic wrap for about 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, boil the spaghetti, drain and let cool.
- Unwrap dough after 12 minutes of setting. Drop the spaghetti in the center into a bundle from one end to the other (lengthwise). Be sure to leave space on the sides for folding.
- Pour sauce and mozzarella cubes into the spaghetti.
- Make even slits on both sides of dough to create flaps for folding.
- Fold the top and bottom part over the filling (to allow the first flaps to stick onto something).
- Start folding flaps, leftover right, then right over left, until folding the last strip under the bread.
- Carefully place bread on a large, greased baking sheet. Brush lightly with some egg white and top with Parmesan cheese, garlic and parsley/oregano.
- Bake for about 30 minutes.
- Let cool before you slice and serve to impressed guests!