Are you bored with breakfast? Before you have your fifth consecutive meal of cornflakes, consider spicing up your breakfast a little! It is, after all, the most important meal of the day. This baked oatmeal is quick to make, extremely delicious and deceptively healthy! Perfect for a quick breakfast or mid-day snack, these baked oatmeal bites are sure to keep you satisfied all day long.
- 200g rolled oats
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp cardamom
- Pinch of sea salt
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 4 tbsp of mixed seeds (chia, pumpkin, sesame)
- 50g of raisins
- 1 large free range egg
- 3 tbsp almond butter
- 1 ripe banana
- 4 tbsp maple syrup, plus more for serving
- 400ml of almond milk
- Grease a cupcake tray with coconut oil and preheat the oven to 375˚F
- Combine all the dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl.In a mixing jug, mash the banana until smooth, then add in the egg and almond butter and whisk together until combined.
- Slowly add in the milk and maple syrup whisking until completely incorporated.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry and mix until just combined.
- Transfer the rough batter into ten of the cupcake wells and bake in the oven for 25 minutes until just risen and no longer wet.
What do you think of this twist on breakfast? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.