There are so many incredible breakfast and brunch dishes out there, but lately, we’ve been feeling kind of worried about our options. While they’re all delicious, they’re also pretty indulgent, and the vast majority include meat. That’s great for a special occasional treat, but what about vegetarians, our friends on diets, or those guests simply trying to eat a little healthier? We have an answer: this Baked Oatmeal Casserole! The colorful and tasty dish is packed full of fruit, nuts, and coconut for flavor, and there isn’t a bit of meat in sight. Watch how it comes together, then give it a try for a guilt-free brunch!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BAKED OATEMEAL CASSEROLE
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 55 minutes
– 1-½ cups rolled oats
– ½ cup almonds, roasted and chopped
– ¼ cup unsweetened coconut flakes
– ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
– 1 teaspoon ground cardamom
– ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
– 2 cups raspberries, fresh or frozen
– 2 cups coconut milk beverage
– ½ cup maple syrup
– 3 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
– 1 egg
– 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit (177 degrees Celsius). Grease a 11-¾-inch-by-7-½-inch baking dish.
- Place the raspberries evenly in the bottom of the baking dish.
- In a medium-sized bowl, combine the oats, nuts, coconut flakes, salt, cardamom and cinnamon. Mix well.
- Pour the dry ingredients evenly over the raspberries.
- In the same bowl that you mixed the dry ingredients, add the milk, melted coconut oil, maple syrup, vanilla and egg. Mix well.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the top of the dry ingredients in the baking dish. Do not mix. Push down oat mixture so it is completely submerged in the liquid.
- Bake for 40 to 45 minutes, until the berries have started bubbling around the edges and the oats have begun to brown.
Beautiful! We love that this casserole is a brunch dish everybody can enjoy without guilt. Will you give it a try? What other fruits would you like to try in it?