Baked Eggs In Bread Bowls
You’ve taken dinner to the next level by serving your soup in a bread bowl. Now, do the same with breakfast! This delicious dish is a whole traditional breakfast rolled into one, with the eggs baked directly inside a crisp roll— and topped, of course, with cheese and bacon! Watch how it all comes together and give it a try at your next brunch.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Baked Egg Bread Bowls
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 35 minutes
- 6 French bread rolls
- 6 eggs
- ⅓ cup bacon, diced small
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon tarragon, chopped
- 1 teaspoon chives, chopped
- ¼ cup parmesan cheese, shredded
- Salt & pepper
- ⅓ cup bacon, pre-cooked and diced small (for optional garnish)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Slice the tops off each dinner roll and carve out enough bread to allow room for one egg. Place rolls on a baking sheet. Reserve tops for later.
- Line the bottom of each bread cup with 1 tablespoon each of chopped bacon, pressing the bacon against the bottom and sides.
- Add 1 egg to each hole.
- Top each bread cup with 1 teaspoon each of heavy cream and a sprinkle of the herbs. Season with salt and pepper, and top with 1 tablespoon each of shredded parmesan cheese.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes, until the eggs have set. At the 20 minute mark, place the bread tops on the sheet pan to brown for the last 5 minutes.
- Garnish with additional cooked diced bacon, if you like. Place the bread tops on rolls and serve.
Love this idea! What do you think? Let us know if you give it a try!
Recipe slightly adapted from My Recipes