Baked Bloomin’ Apples
Have you tried The Gunny Sack’s Baked Bloomin Apples. This is such a fun Apple recipe to try now that it’s apple season. It only takes a handful of ingredients you most likely already have. What comes out of the oven is a wonderfully warm and delicious baked apple hitting all the right notes of warm apple, caramel, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Check out the video below to see how easy and beautiful these bloomin’ apples are to make:
– 2 Apples (I love Honeycrisp’s)
– 4 Caramels
– 1 TSP Cinamon
– 3 TBS Brown Sugar
– 2 TBS Butter
– 1 TBS Flour
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cut off the top 1/4 of an apple
3. With a melon baller or spoon scoop out the center/seeds but DO NOT grow through the whole apple like you would with an apple corer.
4. With a small paring knife make two deep circular cuts around the center apple. Next flip the apple over and cut slits through the side to the center, and repeat these cuts around the entire apple.
5. Put apples in a baking safe dish or pan. Place 2 caramels in the cavity of each apple.
6. Heat butter and brown sugar in the microwave for 30 second, stir and pop back in microwave for an extra 15 seconds. Remove from microwave and add in flour and cinnamon.
7. Bake in oven at 375 degrees for 25-30 minutes. If apples still feel hard try baking for additional 5-15 mins.
8. Remove apples from oven and place on plate or bowl. I love to pair this with Vanilla ice cream.
Would you enjoy making these Bloomin’ Apple’s? Tell us in the comments: