This Baked Beans Recipe Was Passed Down for Generations
Nothing goes as well with your summer grilling than baked beans. If you’re not the type to use a canned good, you’re probably searching for a made-from-scratch recipe that you can rely on. Don’t Google any old baked beans recipe, go for this family recipe! These baked beans have been passed down from generation to generation, in a family of chefs, no less. So you know the results are going to be amazing. Watch the video below to see how these homemade beans are made.
Granted, making these beans from scratch take a little more time and effort than opening up a can. So only make these if you have the time to!
If you have the time, though, the end result will be a sweet and savory – ultimately very worth it.
What do you think of this family recipe? Share your thoughts in the comments section below.
HOMEMADE BAKED BEANS
- Into a pot over medium heat, put your beans, water, and salted pork. Let them sit.
- Take two cups of the liquid out of the pot, after it’s been infused with the flavor. Drain the rest.
- Slice and dice your salt pork. Put the pork in a pan over the heat to render the fat.
- Chop an onion and add it to the pork. Add ketchup, mustard, molasses, and the two cups of broth you took out.
- Add the beans to your pan and mix them around so they’re thoroughly coated in the mixture.
- Cover the pan and bake it at 325 degree oven for 2 hours.