Here’s a Clever Way to Bake Grilled Cheese Sandwiches
We all think we know how to make a grilled cheese, right? On the stove top in a whole lot of butter. Or, occasionally, deep fried in a whole lot of oil. But what about trying grilled cheese in a whole new way? There’s still bread and cheese involved, so you know it can’t go wrong. This technique involves baking your grilled cheese sandwiches so they’re actually a little better for you. But don’t worry, there is no lack of flavor here. Watch the video below with baking master Giada to see how it’s done.
And these grilled cheeses aren’t just filled with flavor, they’re filled with an extra special flavor – pizza flavor! Baked pizza grilled cheeses may be even better than having actual pizza. At least, it’s a whole lot easier than making a homemade pizza and a whole lot cheaper than buying a pie, too.
A perfect treat for the kids or a delicious lunch for grilled cheese and pizza lovers everywhere (so everyone, hopefully), these flavorful baked sandwiches are so easy to whip up!
BAKED PIZZA GRILLED CHEESE
– 2 cups riccota
– 2 cups shredded mozzarella
– 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
– 1/2 cup pepperoni
– Tomato sauce
2. Butter your bread on one side of each piece. On the not-buttered side of each piece, put some tomato sauce on your bread. Add some of the cheese spread evenly.
3. Sandwich the bread, covering with sprinkled Parmesan on both sides, before putting it on a sprayed cooking pan. The cooking pan should be heated for 10 minutes in a 425 F. oven beforehand, so it will be hot.
4. Cover the sandwiches with another cooking sheet, pressing down the tops of the sandwiches, before baking.
5. Bake at 425 F. for 10 minutes. Decorate for extra fun!