Make A Bacon & Egg Tart For Breakfast
Does your idea of the perfect, classic breakfast involve eggs, bacon, and some warm and flaky rolls, toast or other bread? Then you are going to ADORE this Bacon And Egg Breakfast Tart! The idea couldn’t be simpler, or more simply genius. Take everything we all love about breakfast, put it into one dish, and bake it to perfection. That’s it, and yet the result? Absolutely delicious. It’s like having pizza for breakfast, except SO much better! Watch how it’s made, then give it a try to delight the whole family.
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
BACON & EGG BREAKFAST TART
Serves 4 to 6
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Total Time: 40 minutes
- 1 – 11-ounce can refrigerated thin pizza crust
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1-¼ cups shredded white cheddar cheese
- 5 strips bacon, cooked
- 4 large eggs
- 2 green onions, bias cut
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit (205 degrees Celsius). Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- Unroll the pizza crust onto the parchment-lined sheet pan. Fold all the edges inward, about ½ inch, and press the open edge with the back of a fork to seal.
- Bake the crust for 8 minutes.
- Allow the crust to cool for a few minutes, then brush the crust with olive oil.
- Sprinkle cheese over the surface. Place the cooked bacon strips over the cheese.
- Crack each egg into a ramekin and carefully place on top of the cheese. Top the tart with half the green onion and lightly season with salt and pepper.
- Bake the tart for 10 to 15 minutes, until the crust is golden brown and the egg whites have set, with the yolks still runny.
- Remove the tart from the oven and top with remaining green onions. Slice and serve.
Simple, yet oh-so-delicious! The combination of egg and bacon is delightful enough, but when you combine it with that cheese, that flaky crust, and those green onions? It’s breakfast perfection!
What do YOU think of this breakfast tart? Will you be giving it a try? Are there any other toppings you’d like to see make an appearance on it— sausage, maybe, or a different type of cheese? Tell us if you give this one a try and how it turns out for you!