It’s an age-old summer cooking dilemma: you want to impress your guests, but you don’t want to turn on your oven. While you could go the boring route and just throw together a salad, why would you do that when you could go Hawaiian? That’s right— today we’re making Ahi Poke! This traditional and popular way of enjoying ahi tuna is going to absolutely blow your guests’ minds and delight everybody’s taste buds. Check it out and give it a try!
Follow us on Pinterest >> Tip Hero
Serves 3 to 4
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Total Time: 2 hours 15 minutes
– 1 pound sushi grade tuna steaks, cubed
– ½ cup soy sauce
– 3 tablespoons green onion, chopped
– 1 tablespoon sesame oil
– 1½ teaspoons sesame seeds
– 1½ teaspoons crushed red chili flakes
– 1 tablespoon macadamia nuts, finely chopped
- In a non-reactive bowl, combine the soy sauce, green onions, sesame oil, sesame seeds, chili flakes and macadamia nuts. Stir to mix.
- Add the chopped Ahi (tuna steaks) to the sauce and mix well.
- Cover with plastic and refrigerate for at least 2 hours before serving.
- Serve garnished with green onion and additional chopped nuts
Simple. Elegant. Impressive. Perfect for summer! Does it get any better? Let us know if you give this a try, and tell us about your own experiences making your own Ahi poke, sushi, and other no-cook meals!
Recipe adapted from Allrecipes