Add Meringue Chocolate Ganache Cones to Your Rainbow Recipes
There’s something about rainbow-hued desserts that just makes them more tempting than other ones, don’t you think? These colorful treats from Yoyomax12 look like the most perfect multi-flavored ice cream cones, but in actuality they’re ganache-filled, meringue-topped confections. Check out how they’re made and add them to your rainbow recipe box.
– Ice cream cones
– 9 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
– 1 cup cream
– 2 large egg whites
– 1/2 cup sugar
– Food coloring
- Heat the cream on the stove until simmering.
- Pour the heated cream over the semisweet chocolate chips and allow to sit for 5 minutes. Stir until smooth.
- Allow to cool slightly and pour into the cones.
- Place the ganache-filled cones in the refrigerator to chill.
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or silicone. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Beat the 2 large egg whites until frothy.
- Gradually beat in the sugar.
- Continue to beat on high for 7 to 10 minutes, until stiff peaks form.
- Paint several lines of food color inside a pastry bag with a new or clean paintbrush.
- Add the meringue to the bag and fit with a 1M tip. Pipe the meringue into the shape of ice cream cone tops, keeping the same size of the actual cones you’re using. The first few may be mostly white, but the rainbow color will fill in quickly.
- Bake for 80 minutes, turning the cookie sheet halfway through the baking time.
- Shut off the oven and allow the meringues to cool in the oven for another hour, or overnight.
- Dip the edges of the filled cones in melted chocolate and, if you want, decorate with sprinkles.
- Attach the meringue tops to the cones with a bit of melted chocolate.
Serve immediately or store in the refrigerator. Cute! Rainbow-hued food is just fun to eat, don’t you think? Will you give this recipe a try?