A Grown-Up Twist On A Childhood Fave: Grilled Peanut Butter and Jelly Burrito
No matter how much we expand our palates, our favorite foods will always be the ones that remind us of simple, happy childhood times. The best combine that nostalgia with a delicious grown-up twist, like what POPSUGAR Food does with good old peanut-butter-and-jelly. Take a look at how they turn this traditional sandwich into a truly special summer treat.
– 1 banana
– 1 raw flour tortilla
– 2 tablespoons peanut butter
– 2 tablespoons strawberry jelly
– 1 tablespoon butter, melted
– 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
– 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- Preheat your grill to medium heat.
- Slice the banana lengthwise with the peel on and grill, cut side down, for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Peel the banana and set aside.
- Grill the tortilla for 1 to 2 minutes on each side, until cooked but still soft.
- While the tortilla is still warm, spread with peanut butter and jelly, and then add the peeled banana.
- Roll the tortilla into a burrito.
- Use a pastry brush to spread butter on the outside of the tortilla.
- Sprinkle with cinnamon and sugar.
- Place the burrito seam side down and grill for a couple minutes on both sides.
- Serve warm.
Have you ever had grilled peanut butter and jelly before? What about turning it into a burrito? Tell us what you think of this recipe!