8 Ways to Use Coconut Oil in the Kitchen
Coconut oil is having a moment. We keep hearing about how we can use it in our DIY beauty products and for other health and self-care reasons. While we’re excited about any product with such amazing versatility, we also keep thinking: since coconut’s a food, shouldn’t there also be tons of kitchen-based ways of using it? Turns out, yes there are! Here to walk us through eight brilliant ones is the Household Hacker. Check out these reasons to keep some coconut oil in your pantry at all times.
Missed some of those uses? Let’s recap!
8 Uses For Coconut Oil
- Replace dairy creamer in your coffee.
- Spread on your bagel as a substitute for butter.
- Coat skillets instead of cooking spray for a nonstick surface.
- Seal eggs’ pores to make them last longer.
- Sauté and fry foods for more stable cooking.
- Give fruit smoothies a cholesterol-fighting boost.
- Use in baking as a 1-to-1 substitute for dairy products.
- Mix into pet food as a natural remedy for upset stomachs.
Are there any kitchen uses for coconut oil this video missed? Share them with us in the comments!