If you’re looking to pick up some extra protein in your diet without adding fat, Greek yogurt is an excellent option. And if you’re not a fan on plain non-fat Greek yogurt on its own, there’s good news. You can easily add it into some of your favorite recipes to make them healthier without detracting from the flavor. Here are 8 ways you may not have thought of to incorporate Greek yogurt into your recipes:
- Potato Salad: Potato salad is a great dish to bring to a cookout or potluck this summer. Wow your crowd by using Greek yogurt instead of mayo in whatever recipe you choose. The results are delicious and much healthier.
- Pancakes: You can make theses 10-minute 250 calorie pancakes with Greek yogurt and summer berries.
- Chocolate Cake: This recipe features Greek yogurt in both the cake and the frosting. The yogurt makes for an excellent substitution for the higher-fat ingredients in most baked goods.
- Tropical Smoothies: Make delicious and nutritious smoothies this summer with leftover fruits, greens and Greek yogurt.
- Mac & Cheese: Use Greek Yogurt to make a creamier and healthier Mac & Cheese.
- Dipped Fruit Treat: Make a healthy cool treat for a hot day. Simply dip fruit, like strawberries, blueberries or bananas, and dip them in Greek yogurt. Then just freeze them on a baking sheet.
- Popsicles: Make yummy blueberry (or whatever frozen fruit you like) Greek yogurt popsicles with fat-free ingredients.
- Deviled Eggs: Make normal deviled eggs, but simply add Greek yogurt instead of mayo to make a healthy appetizer.