8 Foods You Didn’t Know You Could Make Yourself
When you make your own foods, you get more than the satisfaction of knowing that created something. In most cases, you’ll also save a nice chunk of change! Check out some cool DIYs you may not have considered:
- Tator Tots: make these treats with russet potatoes, flour, fine salt and oil. The experiment with some cool and easy dipping sauces.
- DIY Magic Shell for Ice Cream: all you need are 2 bars of good quality chocolate and 100 grams of coconut oil to make this magical topping for your favorite ice cream.
- English Muffins: they’re easy to make and they’re likely to taste even better than the store-bought stuff.
- Marshmallow Creme (Fluff): provide your own fluff for peanut butter and fluff sandwiches Just grab from sugar, corn syrup, egg whites, cream of tartar and vanilla extract.
- Crushed Red Pepper Flakes: here’s a great way to rescue those fresh hot peppers you have that shriveled up.
- Cornflakes: make your own cereal with some yellow cornmeal, sugar, salt and vanilla extract.
- Peanut Butter Chips: create these delicious additions to any baked good with peanut butter, powdered sugar, agave nectar (or maple syrup or honey) and coconut oil.
- Sprinkles: top your baked good with colorful homemade sprinkles with this simple recipe.
Read more over at Buzzfeed’s 29 Foods You Didn’t Know You Could DIY.