7 Creative Uses for Pencils and Erasers
If you rarely use pencils as writing utensils, they can still be helpful around the home. Take a look at some creative use ideas for pencils and erasers:
- Repel Moths: pencil shavings are actually great at repelling moths, so keep a small cloth bag full of pencil shavings in your closet to keep your clothing safe and hole-free.
- Get the Most Out of Your Toothpaste: use a pencil to roll your toothpaste tube and get out every last bit.
- Makeshift Earring Back: lost your earring back on a great pair of earrings? Use a pencil eraser as a makeshift earring back in a bind.
- Remove Sticker Gunk: don’t worry about using a special cleaner to get sticker gunk off of a surface. Just rub it with a pencil eraser to get rid of the residue.
- Mend a Stubborn Zipper: if a zipper won’t zip up, just run your pencil eraser along the teeth of the zipper. It should be work again without fuss.
- Stop Tilted Pictures: prevent hung pictures from tilting by gluing a few small pieces of an eraser to the bottom corners of the backs of the frames.
Boost Phone Quality:
Here’s an amazing tip: improve your cordless landline’s call clarity by removing the dust in the phone charger cradle. Use a pencil eraser on the metal squares.
Find more great ideas over at care2’s 15 Surprising Uses for Pencils & Erasers.