7 Best Things to Buy Used
When it comes to safety and quality, there are some things that you should just buy new. But for many other things out there, you’ll save a bundle without sacrificing quality by doing some research and buying used. Here are the top 7 things that we think you should be buying used:
- Cars: Since cars start to lose their value the second you drive them off the lot, you can often times be much better off buying used. If you can find a gently used car with few miles that still has some warranty left on it, you’ll save a ton and still end up with a great new-to-you vehicle. Want to save even more on a used car? Try this great tip from CarGurus.
- Bicycles: If your kids seem to outgrow their bikes every year, consider buying used. Check out Craigslist or a local used bike sale. Just make sure to test out the bike to ensure the brakes and tires are in working order before you buy.
- Sporting Goods: Looking for things like skis, skateboards or exercise equipment? There are lots of people out there looking to unload perfectly good equipment for cheap. Check out sites like eBay, Freecycle or Craigslist to see if you can find something great.
- Tools: Tools are expensive, and in a lot of cases, don’t get used too often. People are trying to sell tools all the time – just check out garage sales, thrifts stores and estate sales.
- Furniture: Furniture, especially wooden furniture, can be upgraded so easily that it often doesn’t make sense to buy new. When it comes to things like coffee tables, bookshelves, chairs, kitchen tables, etc., buy used and spruce up the furniture on your own.
- Children’s Clothing: Babies grow out of their clothing in the blink of an eye. So it’s frustrating to buy new clothes to have them be rendered useless just a few weeks later. Instead, buy gently used baby clothes. You could even ask to borrow baby clothes from friends or family whose babies have grown up.
- Books: Whether you’re looking to buy textbooks or fun books, there’s no need to pay the price for new books. You can get used books in excellent condition from a variety of places, from Amazon and eBay to a local yard sale.
What are some of the best things that you like to buy used?