Cucumbers are a great, healthy snack choice, but there are lots of other ways that sliced cucumber can make itself useful. Take a look at 7 ways you never thought to use your cucumbers:
- Unfog Your Mirror: rub a cucumber slice along your bathroom mirror. It will eliminate the fog from showering and it will also provide a nice, spa-like aroma.
- Banish Slugs: if slugs are being true pests in your garden, place a few slices of cucumber in a small pie tin and put out in your garden. According to Real Farmacy, the chemicals in cucumbers react with the aluminum foil of the pie plate and give off a scent (unnoticed by humans) that drives pests crazy and will make them stay away.
- Ward Off a Hangover: when you’ve had a little too much to drink, eat a few slices of cucumber before you go to bed. The cucumber will give you enough sugar, vitamins and electrolytes to replenish the nutrients you lost, and you should wake up headache and hangover free.
- Fix a Squeaky Door: out of WD-40? No problem. Just run a slice of cucumber along a squeaky door hinge to solve the problem.
- Reduce Stress: cut up a whole cucumber and put it into a pot of boiling water. The steam released will create a soothing aroma that can help to reduce stress.
- Clean Stainless Steel: if you need to clean sinks, faucets, or anything that’s made of stainless steel, then use a slice of cucumber to rub it clean. The cucumber should remove tarnish and restore shine.
- Shine Your Shoes: rub a slice of cucumber over your shoes to give them a quick shine. The chemicals in the cucumber will also repel water from your shoes.
Thanks to Real Farmacy for the tips!