6 More Ways That Baking Soda Comes to the Rescue
Baking soda is kind of a star when it comes to saving money. We’ve brought you a lot of ideas for using baking soda around the home before, but it’s been a while now. Here are some ways (that you perhaps didn’t know) in which baking soda can be useful around the house:
- Drip Coffee Maker Cleaner: if you’re looking to easily clean out your coffee maker, just mix together 1 cup of warm water and 1/4 cup of baking soda. Let this drip through the coffee maker, then drip a pot of plain water to rinse it out.
- Economical Air Freshener: mix equal parts baking soda with your favorite perfumed bath salts. Put this mixture in a soap dish or in a sachet bag to release a nice fragrance wherever you’d like.
Inexpensive Sports Drink:
For each quart of boiled water add 1 level tablespoon of salt, 1 rounded teaspoon of baking soda, 4 rounded teaspoons of sugar, and 1 package of sugar free Kool-Aid. Stir until clear and refrigerate.
- Clear Up a Stuffy Nose: get some relief by adding a teaspoon of baking soda to your vaporizer. Not only will this help to unblock your nose; it will also keep your vaporizer clean.
- Paint Brushes: restore stiff paint brushes by boiling them in a mixture of 1/2 gallon of water, 1/4 cup vinegar and 1 cup of baking soda.
- Clean Brushes and Combs: if you need to deodorize hair or makeup brushes, just fill your sink with hot water and 1/4 cup of baking soda. Soak brushes/combs, then remove and let dry.
Check out many more baking soda tips and tricks:
- 7 Ways to Use Baking Soda for Car Care
- Even More Uses for Baking Soda
- Homemade Cleaning Products for All Your Cleaning Needs
- Easy Way to Make Your Mattress Last Longer
Find more ideas over at The Dollar Stretcher’s Two Dozen Uses for Baking Soda.