5 Ways to Eat Well & Lose Weight on the Cheap
Skip expensive weight-loss programs. Sign up to free calorie-tracking services like SparkPeople.com. Get some exercise every day. And eat better.
We came across an article on care2.com that suggests five foods you can eat on a regular basis that will help you lose weight. They also happen to be foods that are relatively inexpensive.
The article notes: “Befriend the right foods, and the pounds are much more likely to peel off than if you just try to cut calories across the board.” It goes on to list “five foods known by nutritionists to boost your body’s fat-burning potential.”
The gist of the reasoning behind eating the five foods listed below is that, primarily, they all provide nutritional value while at the same time making you feel full.
- Oats: “Oats are a whole grain, and they’re high on what nutritionists call the ‘satiety index,’ meaning oats have tremendous power to make you feel full. Not only that, they’re also high in soluble fiber, so they cut cholesterol and blood fat.”
- Apples: “Numerous studies have found that eating an apple a half hour to an hour before a meal has the result of cutting the calories of the meal. Why? The fiber in the apple makes you feel full, so you eat less.”
- Eggs: “No longer thought to be a cholesterol-booster (eggs contain a different type of cholesterol than that in humans), eggs are a concentrated form of animal protein without the added fat that comes with meat.”
- Cinnamon: “This simple spice appears to have the power to help your body metabolize sugar” and can “reduce blood sugar levels and cut cholesterol.”
- Almonds and Almond Butter: “Almonds are calorie-dense, but they also pack a huge nutritional punch — and they’re particularly effective in counteracting cholesterol and triglycerides.”
To read more about each food mentioned above, along with additional information about each food’s nutritional value, click the link below.