Top 5 Amazon Savings Secrets
Amazon.com is a great place to find deals on nearly everything, but if you simply put in a little more effort, you could end up surprising yourself with how much you can save. We’ve given you some ideas before, but here are some more tricks for scoring deals over at Amazon:
- Subscribe & Save: when you order certain items pretty frequently on Amazon, it might be worth ordering them through their Subscribe & Save program. With the service, you’ll save up to 15% on your entire monthly order when you receive 5 or more subscriptions in the same month. You’ll enjoy free shipping on every Subscribe & Save purchase, you can cancel any time, and you’ll only pay when your items actually ship. Head over here to read more about it.
- Use the Price Guarantee: if the price drops on an item you bought on Amazon within 30 days of your purchase, all you have to do is call customer service and you’ll be refunded the difference. So be sure to keep an eye on the price of items even after you buy!
- Save for Later: to avoid online impulse buys, make use of Amazon’s “Save for Later” button to keep track of those items that interest you. Apart from giving you time to think about purchases, there’s another added benefit to using this button according to Bargain Babe reader, Annie:
“This is also a great way to track changes in the prices of items you are thinking of buying. When you visit your cart, Amazon gives you an alert at the top of the screen telling you if any prices increased or decreased since the last time you viewed your cart. This feature helped me realize when the price of an AC/heater unit I wanted dropped, saving me about $80.”
- Buy Discounted Gift Cards: this may not be such a “secret tactic” anymore, but don’t forget to shop sites like Plastic Jungle and Git Card Granny to take advantage of Amazon gift cards sold for less than face value.
- Buy Used: if you’re looking for deeper discounts, don’t forget to check out Amazon’s Warehouse Deals section where you’ll find open-box and refurbished items on clearance. And if you’re not satisfied with your products, you can return them in their original condition within 30 days of delivery for a full refund.
Check out more savings tips and tricks over at Bargain Babe’s 16 Secrets to Saving Money At Amazon.com.