5 Genius Car Tricks You’ll Need to Know This Winter
If you live in a climate that gets a lot of snow and ice, then you’re probably not looking forward to driving this winter. But luckily, we’ve got some tricks to make your life easier in preparation for winter this year. Here’s how to show your car some love when snow and ice arrive:
- Avoid Having to Scrape Ice: it may sound strange, but rubbing half an onion over your car windows and windshield at night will stop frost from forming in the morning. And if that doesn’t sound like something you’d want to do, you can always cover your windshield with a rubber bathmat.
- Prevent Frozen Windshield Wipers: soak a soft cloth with full-strength rubbing alcohol, then wipe your blades. This will keep your blades from sticking to the windshield when it’s cold and icy.
- Forget About Icy Side Mirrors: to prevent icy side mirrors from fogging your vision in the morning, tie them up with some plastic bags and elastic bands at night. When you remove them in the morning, your mirrors should be ice-free.
- Have the Sun Help You Defrost the Car: if you’re parking your car outside in the winter, try to park with the windshield facing the east. That way, the rising sun can help to clear the ice from your car before you even get outside.
- Fog-Proof Your Windshield: car windows tend to fog up the most in the winter. So prevent that annoyance by fog-proofing your windows with shaving cream. Rub shaving cream on the insides of your windows, then wipe off with a paper towel.
Do you have any great winter car tricks to share with us as winter approaches?