Freezer cooking can save you a lot of time (and money too) when you’re in a bind about what to do about dinner. If you’ve prepared some easy freezer meals ahead of time, you’ll have a quick alternative to takeout on busy weeknights. Here are some ideas that can get you started if you’re a little intimidated by freezer cooking:
- Chicken Potato Casserole: prepare this dish in advance. When you’re ready to eat it, defrost it overnight in the fridge, top it with crushed potato chips and bake til it bubbles!
- Steak Fajitas: marinade your meat in advance and you’re good to go with this recipe.
- Baked Penne with Sun-Dried Tomatoes: this takes a little time to prepare at first, but you can bake it straight from the freezer when you need it for a meal.
- Breakfast Sandwiches: create these in advance so you can heat them up on busy mornings.
- Crockpot Shredded Mexican Chicken: use this chicken in practically any food that’s Mexican inspired, from quesadillas to soups to enchiladas.
For some great tips on the basics of freezer cooking, head over to Parenting Squad’s Freezer-Friendly Meals for Families on the Go.