We all know that vinegar is a star when it comes to frugal living, but if you’d got a pet, it’s just an essential product to have in the house. Here are 5 ways that vinegar can come to your aid in a pet household:
- If your cat has a habit of scratching your favorite chair, just spray white distilled vinegar on it to deter him. Just make sure you test an inconspicuous area first for discoloration.
- If your puppy has an accident in the house, just pair vinegar with baking soda to get rid of the stain and odor.
- If you want to get rid of deposits and water lines in your aquarium, just wipe down the glass with white distilled vinegar and follow with a rinse.
- If your dog gets sprayed by a skunk:
Wipe him with a half and half solution of white distilled vinegar and water, followed by a bath. Another alternative that works is the mixture of 1 quart hydrogen peroxide, 1/4 cup baking soda and 1 to 2 teaspoons of liquid dish soap.
- If you’re dealing with cat litter odor, just pour a 1/2 inch of vinegar into the empty litter box and swish it around. Let it stand for 15 minutes before rinsing. And if that smell is too strong for your cat, try mixing the vinegar with some seltzer water.
Check out more great ideas over at care2.