5 Common Mistake People Make While Shopping Online
Online shopping is convenient and can often times save you money. But make sure you don’t fall prey to one of these common mistakes when you’re making purchases in your PJs!
- Getting Sucked Into a Sale: with all the newsletters you may be signed up for, it’s easy, with one click, to start browsing sales for things you don’t need. Try using Unroll.me to roll marketing emails into one daily digest so you’re not constantly distracted by deals for things you don’t need.
- Buying More to Get Free Shipping:just wait until you need to buy enough to pass the free shipping limit. If you can’t do that, then check out other options first, like ordering from another store, or getting free shipping to a store. Don’t spend extra money on something you don’t need just to get free shipping.
- Forgetting to Search for Promo Codes: why pay full price when you don’t have to! Before you buy anything online, check for promo codes and online coupons to try to bring the price down or perhaps get a free shipping offer.
- Not Checking the Return Policy: some stores, like Zappos, are very generous when it comes to returns. Others aren’t. So when buying things like clothing, make sure you check the return policy. You don’t want to be stuck with clothing that doesn’t fit right.
- Using Debit Instead of Credit: we just explored this topic, but it’s worth repeating. Credit cards are generally more secure than debit cards. Credit cards also offer better consumer protection against unauthorized transactions. So as long as you pay your balance off in full, you’ll want to reach for the credit card when making significant purchases online.
Thanks to 5 Mistakes Online Shoppers Make for the tips!