36+ Tasty Recipes for Cinco de Mayo
Cinco de Mayo is this Saturday, and if you’re looking for a good excuse to throw a bit of a fiesta, you’ve got one. In honor of Mexico’s independence day, Serious Eats has compiled a whole slew of recipes for you to try out. Here are a few from each of their categories:
- Chipotle Steak Tacos: use inexpensive flank steak to create these yummy tacos. And a simple marinade made from pureed chipotle peppers give these tacos a nice zesty zing.
- Tacos de Papa (Potato Tacos): these simple and inexpensive tacos are made with the help of canned chipotle chilis, drained capers, crumbled cojita cheese, and other ingredients you most likely already have.
- Charred Corn and Zucchini Tacos: use fresh corn, onion, a jalapeno pepper, garlic, zucchini and fresh cilantro leaves to make this spicy vegetarian recipe.
Salsas and Guacamole
- Salsa Verde: use this favorite salsa, made from tomatillos, as a simple dip for chips or as a great sauce for quesadillas or enchiladas.
- The Best Basic Guacamole: there’s nothing like a great guacamole to get a party started (or to enjoy while lazing on the couch). This recipe uses a small onion, serrano chili, cilantro leaves, kosher salt, lime juice, and of course, ripe avocados.
Snacks and Antojitos
- Melted Cheese With Green Chorizo and Roasted Pepper Strips: here’s a great, impressive appetizer to make featuring ground pork, pepper and plenty of melted cheese.
- Fried Quesadillas With Pickled Jalapenos, Cilantro and Chipotle Crema: try this take on a Mexican favorite as an appetizer to your Cinco de Mayo meal. And the best part is that these only take 15 minutes total to prepare, start to finish.
- Chicken Fajitas: create a simple marinade for your chicken to give these fajitas some killer flavor.
- Enchiladas Suizas: these enchiladas are pretty much everything you could want out of a comfort food. They’re creamy, cheesy and wrapped in corn tortillas.
And, of course, Margaritas!
- Fresh Lime Margaritas: freshly squeezed lemon and lime juice are key to making these refreshing margaritas for your gathering.
- Pineapple Margaritas: use pineapple chunks, lemon and lime juice (fresh), simple syrups, salt, triple sec and tequila to make these heavenly blended margaritas.
Find many more recipes over at Serious Eats’ 36+ Recipes for Easy Cinco de Mayo Entertaining.