31 Ways to Make Use of Mason Jars in Your Kitchen
There are so many uses for plain Mason jars that it’s not only worth keeping those that make their way into your home, but also perhaps picking up extra when you have the opportunity. Here are just some of the ideas you could try out courtesy of Keeper of the Home:
- Leftovers: these jars are perfect for holding pretty much anything, from soups and stews to chopped veggies or scrambled eggs.
- Homemade Yogurt: you can make this directly in the jars and then throw in the fridge for simple storage.
- Make a Meal: use a Mason jar to store an entire meal that’s perfect for a picnic.
- Flower Vase: this is a quaint yet lovely way to show off your latest pick/bouquet.
- Keep Herbs Fresh: to keep herbs like green onions and cilantro fresh, fill up a a jar about 3/4 of the way with water. Place the fresh bunch of herbs in the jar and store in the fridge. Your herbs should last much longer this way than they would in your produce drawer.
- Spice Mixes: use smaller jar for holding your cheap and easy homemade spices.
- Store Dry Items in the Pantry: a pantry full of Mason jars that are full of pasta, rice, dry beans, etc. could be very aesthetically pleasing in addition to helping you easily see how much of each item you have.
- Mixing Salad Dressings: use 1/2 or pint jars with lids to mix up your favorite homemade salad dressings for easy storage in the fridge.
- Drinking Glasses: lots of restaurants actually use these jars to serve drinks, so why shouldn’t you?
For many more tips about finding Mason jars and using them effectively and creatively, head over to Keeper of the Home’s 31 Ways to Use a Mason Jar.
Thanks to Tip Hero Rinchen for the heads up!