Watching TV can be a nice little breather when you need a break. However, there are small ways that you can actually use your TV-watching time productively without exerting too much energy. Take a look at some ideas from Dumb Little Man:
- Write Out a Meal Plan: start to brainstorm meal ideas for the upcoming week. From there, you can also create a list of go-to meals or meals you’d be able to make ahead of time and freeze.
- Exercise: either during commercials or while you actually watch TV, get on the ground and try doing 10 sit-ups, 10 push-ups and 10 squats.
- Dust the Furniture: get a microfiber cloth, an old sock or a damp rag and run it along the surfaces of the room you’re watching TV in.
- Write Out Your To-Do List: make a list of things that need to be done and prioritize it.
- Purge a Drawer or Filing Cabinet: use the stationary time to clean out a junk drawer or a filing cabinet that has way too much stuff in it. Toss or recycle what you don’t need and organize everything else.
Check out more ideas over at Dumb Little Man’s 30 Ways to Make TV Watching More Productive.