3-Ingredient Peanut Butter Banana Bars for Healthy, On-the-Go Kids
It’s hard enough to find healthy snacks for kids that they’ll also like eating, but add in their crazy schedules and it can feel impossible. For parents struggling with this issue, these Peanut Butter Banana Bars from Super Healthy Kids are an answer to a prayer. With only three ingredients and some quick, simple steps, your kids will have a new favorite portable snack you can enjoy, too.
– 4 medium bananas
– 2 cups oats
– 6 tablespoons all-natural peanut butter
– 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
– 1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Grease a 9-by-13 inch glass baking dish.
- Mix your three ingredients together until the mixture reaches the consistency of wet cookie dough. Depending on how big your “medium” bananas are, you may need to add more oats.
- Spread the dough evenly in the baking dish.
- Bake for 18 to 20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean.
- Cut into bars and enjoy!
Any leftover bars can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator or freezer. If you choose to freeze them, thaw them out in the refrigerator before eating.
Totally easy and healthy, right? Do you think your kids will like these bars, or are they a snack you’ll hoard for yourself?