22 Surprising Things You Can Clean in the Dishwasher
Your dishwasher can clean a whole lot more than your dishes. Take a look at some of the surprising things that you can put in the dishwasher.
Note: Just to be safe, you shouldn’t wash these items at the same time that you wash dishes.
- Rain boots (with liners removed and placed horizontally)
- Hairbrushes and combs made of plastic (remove all hair first so that you don’t clog the drain!)
- Plastic fan grilles, switch plates and vent covers
- Shin guards, knees pads and mouth guards
- Garden tools without wooden handles
- Action figures and small toys (in a mesh lingerie bag on the top rack)
What else do you clean, besides dishes, in the dishwasher?
For more ideas, head over to Real Simple’s Surprising Uses for Your Dishwasher.