Gift baskets can be wonderful to receive and appropriate for almost anyone on your holiday gift list. All you have to do is add your own personal touch. Take a look at some great ideas from Curbly for creating great gift baskets on the cheap:
The Actual Basket
- Try wrapping the bottom and inside of a sturdy, appropriately-sized cardboard box with some pretty leftover wrapping paper.
- Re-gift past baskets you’ve received. No one will know if you make it look different. Just don’t give it to the person who gave it to you!
- Get an old basket from a thift store and give it new life with some spray paint.
- Use shredded paper as your filling. If you subscribe to magazine, opt for colorful magazine pages that are already in your recycling bin and shred them up for your basket.
Gift Baskets for Anyone, or the Food Basket
- Flavored Coffees, Teas and Cocoas: create some yummy Cappuccino Mix or any other beverage mix that you think the recipient would enjoy.
- Dipping Spoons: these spoons with edible yumminess are a nice homemade touch for baskets with coffee or cocoa mixes.
- Turtles: a bag of simple pretzel turtles are great for a DIY food basket.
- Biscotti: you can’t really create a coffee-themed basket without coffee’s best friend.
Find many more ideas over at Curbly’s Roundup: 20+ Inexpensive DIY Gift Basket Ideas We Love.