12 Things You Don’t Know About Chick-fil-A
Chick-fil-A is one of the nation’s fastest growing and much beloved fast-food restaurants. Here are 12 things most fans do not know about the famous restaurant:
- The “A” at the end of “Chick-fil-A” isn’t just a play on the word “fillet.” It also means Grade A.
- It was officially started in 1967 in Atlanta
- It’s the most profitable fast-food restaurant by location in the nation
- It’s in every state except three: Vermont, Hawaii, and Alaska.
- Chick-fil-A’s famous chicken sandwich recipe is locked up in its headquarters in Atlanta like another famous brand
- Each Chick-fil-A makes its pickles on site
- In 2020, it became the nation’s third largest restaurant chain behind McDonald’s and Starbucks
- The Waffle Fries are the most ordered item
- When a new location opens up the first 100 people get a free chicken sandwich
- A franchisee can only own one location. There is a franchisee fee of $10,000
- They have a secret menu with items like a double-decker sandwich, cheese fries, and root beer floats
- You will never hear an employee say “You’re Welcome” Here’s Why