12 Magical Mason Jar Recipes
Mason jar recipes are great whether you’re making homemade holiday gifts, planning a picnic, preparing lunch for the week, or entertaining guests. This collection of 12 Magical Mason Jar Recipes includes desserts and meals that can be made in canning jars. From mini poke cakes to salads you can easily take on-the-go”, these mason jar recipes are simply magical. If you plan to have guests over, decorate the table with desserts in mini jars. Better yet, make them to take to a party since they’re so easy to transport.
Mason jar recipes make great homemade and for birthdays or other holidays. For example, can homemade tomato sauce or apple pie filling to give away. Or, try out the recipe for Blizzard Bites in a Jar below for a recipe that will make gifts for all you friends or family. Buy one set of canning jars and use them over and over with these amazing recipes.
Table of Contents
- Mason Jar Lemon Meringue Pies (shown above, bottom left) – This super easy mason jar recipe uses Jell-O Lemon Pie & Pudding Mix and just a few other ingredients to make the perfect all-year treat.
- Cinnamon Streusel Coffee Cake for One (shown above, top right) – Finally a solution to having too much leftover coffee cake. This crumbly cinnamon coffee cake is a wonderful single serving treat made in a shallow mason jar.
- Apple Pie Filling in a Jar – Homemade apple pie filling is super easy to make and great to keep on hand or give away as a gift. Use this as a shortcut to make pies, cobblers, and other yummy treats on a busy day.
- Mason Jar Poke Cakes – We love a super moist poke cake, so of course we knew we’d love this mason jar recipe. Sweetened condensed milk is poured over angel food cake in mason jars.
- Blizzard Bites in a Jar – Crunchy and sweet, this no-bake snack mix in a jar is super easy to make. Layer crunchy cereal, pretzels and peanuts with tangy dried cranberries and candied pineapple, then add melt-able white chocolate chips.
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Delight (shown above, left) – This mason jar recipe is five layers of gooey goodness. They’re filled with cookies, cookie dough, ice cream, whipped cream, and mini chocolate chips.
- Perfect Peanut Butter Brownies in a Jar (shown above, right) – When you serve a dessert involving peanut butter and chocolate at a party, it’s almost guaranteed to be a hit. These taste even better than they look!
- 10-Minute Loaded Potato in a Jar (shown at top of page) – This is one of our most popular mason jar recipes – it has all the flavors of a baked potato without having to wait for the potato to bake.
- Portable Pasta Salad (shown at top of page) – A basic pasta salad recipe is great to keep on hand, and storing the salad in mason jars makes it easy to transport to work for lunch or to a picnic.
- Home Canned Tomatoes – If you get your hands on some ripe summer tomatoes, preserve them to add some sunshine to your kitchen all winter. This recipe includes step-by-step instructions for canned tomatoes.
- Layered Salad in a Jar – This mason jar recipe is genius. By putting the dressing in the bottom of the jar, your lettuce stays fresh and crisp for hours. The BLT salad is delicious and great for quick lunches.
- 15-Minute Pasta Sauce – Here’s another great mason jar gift idea. Make a big batch of this super quick pasta sauce recipe and store it in mason jars to use later, or give it away as an inexpensive homemade gift.